Sunday, August 10, 2008

The past couple of weeks..

Hello again. It has been a couple of weeks. I have been busy watching kids and my own. I am grateful for the time I can watch other kids, and then be grateful for the one I have. I watched the Barlow kids. They are so GREAT!! No problems at all. Sydney and Hannah love to play with each other. It didn't matter how long they were together they just played well. Then Tyler I was worried about him, but He loves the Computer. He brought his Harry Potter book,(pretty impressive for a 6 grader. But he really wanted to play and why not..he doesn't get to do it that often. Then Cameron I was most worried about. I don't have 18 month olds very much, but he was so GREAT!! No problem and when he was done playing he just wanted to watch t.v. and there was no tearing him away except to eat. It is a great experience for me but glad the lord knows I only need one at a time here on earth.

One thing I have fallen in love with is Facebook. I have found so many friends that I haven't even thought of since High School. I am glad people are smart to think of fun ways to hook up with your old friends and loved ones. I am in better contact with my nieces and nephews too because of Facebook so again. I am grateful for it.

Today we had a great lesson in Relief Society. It was titled Words of Hope and Consolation at the Time of Death. That morning I admit, I looked to see what the lesson was about thanks to the spirit. I got through it, but it was hard. I am so grateful for the gospel and what we know after this life. I made a comment after talking about how to talk with Children about death. Hannah of course has always known she has a sister. In her prayers she says.. Please bless me that I could dream of Alyssa and Strawberry shortcake and Cinderella, but Alyssa is always first. I hope that since she is so pure and innocent she will see Alyssa in her dreams and play with. She loves being with other families to play like the Wheelocks and the Daines family. She feels like a sibling to them I am grateful she will to always know that we are an Eternal family and we will see her again one day.

I am too also reading Breaking Dawn. I haven't finished it yet but about half way.

Hannah and I get to fly to Utah this week. We can't wait to see FAMILY!! We will share all about when we get back.

OH.. Also, Hannah had her well check this week for Kindergarten. She just doesn't not like going to the Dr. I think she thinks about Alyssa. Because before we got there she asked.. why couldn't the Drs. fix Alyssa? We were able to have a good discussion but she really misses her sister. Hannah weighed 37.5 pounds and 42 inches tall. She such a great girl and we sure love her!!

Until next time!!