Sunday, October 26, 2008

Indian Trail Produce Co-Op




Hello!! A friend of mine who once lived her moved to S. Carolina and found me on Facebook. We started talking again and she told me she started a Produce co-op. Which is you put in 15$ and you get about 55 item's of produce, from Potato's,onion's,grapes,banana's, apples. So, I thought I would try it. So, I drove down there which is only about 45 min. away. Well, it was pretty awesome!! So, she offered to me to start a group here in Indian Trail. She told me I needed to get at least 24 families. Well, I was able to get 31 with some help of friends and we had our first Indian Trail Co-op produce group!! It was this last Friday!! It was awesome!! We were able to get some great vegetables and fruit for such a great price and they are so fresh because there is only one middle man in between the produce company and then before that it is the farmers!! It was awesome!! We were able to get red delicious apples, yellow apples, banana's,Oranges, Onion's, Red & Green Peppers, and my favorite, Avocado's!! I am excited to have this and bless families lives!! It is like I said about 55 items of things for 15 $ and what we get my friend figured it out and it is about 55 $ in a grocery store. There is only one middle man in between from the farmer's to us. It was awesome! It scares me sometimes to see how big it is going to get but also awesome to see friends get so excited!! I know next time we could already be doubled in our Indian Trail Produce Co-OP which is so exciting!

Also, last Saturday Hannah had her first Soccer game. It was really cute. Thanks to the Jolly family for putting this together and letting everyone use there back yard. Hannah did pretty good. She would be kicking the ball and if anyone tried to get it from her she would protect herself and fall over the ball so no one could get it. It was pretty funny. She did great though.

Yesterday we had a fun day. We went to a fall festival with Dawn and Brianna and McKayla, and Jacob and some other friends we know from Dawn, Scott and Janet and Jeremy. It was a lot of fun. We also went on a hayride all of us together and it was fun.

Hannah had her primary program today too. She did such a great!! It was her first one and she finally said what she was suppose to say. Last year she went up there and just sat with her teacher, but this time she actually said her line that she was suppose to say, "Because of the Atonement I can have an Eternal Family.We were so proud of her! She also sang the words to most of the songs too. The theme was that they were a Child of God. Also, Dawn and Brianna and Mckayla and Jacob came. We were so grateful they came and supported Hannah. We are so grateful for their friendship and Brianna is so sweet to Hannah. Hannah says all the time she wants a big sister. I tell her she does which she knows she does but then she says one she can play with, and then I asked Brianna this week if she could be like Hannah's big sister and she said yes. She is the same Alyssa would be so it is nice to know Hannah can have her. I am grateful for all the leaders who did a great job on the primary program who worked so hard putting it together! They did a great job and sang beautifully!!